Exam stress and exam fear are two of the most common things observed among the students. Both are not actually the same but it has been observed that each of the terms are used interchangeably. Though they are not exactly the same but are greatly related to each other.
Understanding Exam Stress and Exam Fear
Exam stress is actually the excessive stress faced by the students at the time of their exam usually before the commencement of exam and also while it is ongoing.
On the other hand, exam fear or exam phobia is the fear of examinations that the students face. Here the main fear is associated with failing in the examination or not scoring good as per the expectation.
Reasons Behind Exam Fear and Exam Stress
There are a number of reasons as to why exam stress and exam fear occurs which are as enumerated below.
- Preparation is Not Adequate
Inadequate preparation is the most common reason of occurrence of stress as well as fear. When the preparation is not sufficient, the students are doubtful about their performance in the exam and as a result of stress, the fear begins to develop among the students.
- Pressure from Peer and Family
Pressure is another major contributory factor to the fear of the students. The pressure of performing good in the exams from the teachers, parents, relatives and others add up the fear as well as stress of the students. Pressure from peer group is also an important factor in this regard.
- Irrational or Vague Beliefs
It has been observed that some irrational and vague beliefs of the students like feeling of worthlessness if score is not good, parents will be very angry and throw them out if result is not good etc. are the major reasons for exam stress.
- Fear of Failing
The thought of the students of failing in the examinations induces a lot of fear in them which creates a negative impact on the performance.
Apart from these, there are a number of other causes that creates the exam fear and stress but these are the most common ones.
Homeopathic treatment is certainly the best for the treatment of exam stress. When a homeopathic remedy is chosen very carefully, it gives successful results. Some of the major medicines used for the homeopathic treatment of exam stress are as listed below.
- Arsenicum– Ideal for the ones who feel very anxious particularly after midnight
- Kali Phos – It acts as a great nutrient for the nerve which is highly effective in case of physical despair arising out of excitement, fatigue, headache, weaknesses etc.
- Argentum nitricum– Used for the individuals who behave irritably and repent it later
- Gelsemium– Helpful for the ones who suffer from performance nerves and lack confidence
- Anacardium– This medicine is used when nervous exhaustion occurs
- Lycopodium– It is a remedy for the ones who tend to over prepare
Thus, effective use of homeopathic treatment tends to produce very good results for dealing with exam stress and fear.