What are Kidney stones?
Kidney stones are hard deposits of minerals and acid salts that stick together in the urine. They can be painful when passing through the urinary tract. The most common symptom is severe pain found in the side of the abdomen. Kidney stones can develop by the concentration of calcium, uric acid, minerals and salts.
What are the types of kidney stones?
- Primary stones – These stones appear in the healthy urinary tract without any inflammation. It includes calcium stones, uric acid stones, cystine stones, xanthine stones and indigo calculi.
- Secondary stones – They are usually formed as a result of inflammation. It includes triple phosphate calculus and mixed stones.
Calcium stones are the most common. They are made of calcium oxalate, phosphate or maleate. Vitamin C and spinach contain oxalate. Calcium stones are mostly seen in young men between the age of 20 and 30.
Uric acid stones are more common in men than in women. They usually occur in people with gout or those going through chemotherapy.
Cystine stones are rare. They occur in both men and women who have the genetic disorder cystinuria.
Struvite stones are mostly found in women with urinary tract infections. These stones can be quite large and cause urinary obstruction.
What are the symptoms of kidney stones?
The symptoms of kidney stones are as follows:
- Severe pain in the lower abdomen
- Bleeding through urine
- Persistent urination
- Experiencing during urination
- Vomiting and nausea
- Fever due to immense pain
What are the risk factors of kidney stones?
The risk factors are as follows:
- High protein, salt or glucose diet
- Gastric bypass surgery
- Family history of kidney stones
- Consuming medicines such as diuretics, anti-seizure drugs etc.
How Homeopathy helps in treating kidney stones?
Homeopathy is the most natural mode of treatment for kidney stones and it cures the underlying cause of the problem. Homeopathic remedies are natural and safe. They help remove the stones present in the urinary tract either by crushing them into fine sand particles in a few cases or in the intact state. Dr. Mahavrat provides the best homeopathic treatment and remedies for the treatment of kidney stones. For more details, check our website.