What is Pulmonary Fibrosis?
Pulmonary fibrosis (PF) is a chronic and progressive lung disease where the air sac in the lungs (alveoli) becomes scarred and stiff making it difficult to breathe and get enough oxygen into the bloodstream. Some important facts of pulmonary fibrosis are as below :
- The overall prognosis of someone with pulmonary fibrosis will differ from person to person depending on their age, overall health, lifestyle choices and the severity of the disease when diagnosed.
- There are four different stages of pulmonary fibrosis – mild, moderate, severe and very severe.
- As the condition progresses, a person suffering from pulmonary fibrosis is at risk of other health complications including heart attack, stroke, pulmonary embolism and other lung diseases or infections.
- The average life expectancy of a person with pulmonary fibrosis is three to five years but if it’s caught early, treatment can help slow down the progression of the disease.
Risk Factors of Pulmonary Fibrosis
In many cases, doctors are unable to determine the cause of pulmonary fibrosis. However, certain factors increase the risk of the disease. The factors include:
- Exposure to environmental pollutants (such as certain fumes and hard metal dusts)
- Viral infections (including hepatitis C and Epstein-Barr)
- Use of medications (including antibiotics used to treat urinary tract infections, ulcerative colitis and rheumatoid arthritis)
- Undergoing chemotherapy
- Smoking (cigarettes, cigars, cannabis, vaping)
Symptoms of Pulmonary Fibrosis
Pulmonary Fibrosis tends to develop over time and worsens progressively. This includes:
- Shortness of breath
- A dry, hacking cough that doesn’t subside over time
- Rapid and shallow breathing
- Gradual and unintended weight loss
- Aching muscles and joints
- Widening and rounding of the tips of the fingers and/or toes
Advantages of Homeopathic Treatment for Pulmonary Fibrosis
Homeopathic remedies are customized according to the effects that disease has on your body. It helps in slowing down the progression of the disease. There are no associated side-effects of homeopathic remedies on your body.
Dr. Mahavrat’s homeopathic remedies are effective and have helped many patients. His medicines have no side effects and are safe. Visit the website for more details.